Vodpod videos no longer available.
One of my friends asked me how to add a slideshow like the one above to a website. Here is what I told her.
1. Get a gmail account (http://www.gmail.com) if you don’t already have one. If you think that you will do this often for the particular website, make the name of the account something to do with the website rather than something to do with you personally (if the website is not about you).
2. Download Picasa (http://picasa.google.com/) and install if you don’t already have it.
3. Let Picasa search your computer for photos and import them. When it is finished importing them, find the photos you want to make into a slideshow.
4. Select the photos that you want to put into the slide show and upload them to a “web album” from inside Picasa.
Do this by selecting the photos and then clicking on the “Web Album” button at the bottom of the Picasa interface.
You can select all photos in an album by clicking on the album and pressing Control+A. You can select individual photos by holding down the Control key as you select them. A blue frame will appear around the ones that you select.
Once you have selected the photos. click on “Web Album” to upload them. (You may need to sign up for a web album account as a part of this process. If so, use the same account that you made in Step 1.)
5. Once your photos are online, go to the web album to see them.
6. On the left side of the album, there will be a link to “embed slideshow”. Click on it and then copy the code and paste it into your website.
I am not sure if I have covered all of the steps in enough detail for everyone to follow. If not, please let me know in the comments where I left you hanging and I will try to give you more guidance.